You look like your need a treat! Hard week? Get ready to indulge this weekend with my Chocolate Banana Pancakes! It’s guilt free!
There’s something magical about a fluffy pancake. I swear it’s the best thing to eat after a hangover, apart from bacon, icy-poles and chips. And what could be better than a chocolate banana combo?
Banana’s are a fantastic energy food; they are high in potassium and packed full of vitamins. I once heard that a banana delivers energy quicker then a cup of coffee. I have no idea if that is true, but it has always stuck with me.
Let’s talk chocolate, or raw cacao. I am just loving this super food. I’m having a hot cup of cacao with agave and milk at night.... oooh it’s good! Raw cacao contains antioxidants, essential minerals and vitamins, including phenylethylamine, a mood enhancer which can increase the levels of serotonin in your brain and theobromine which helps to push toxins out of your body. How could you feel guilty after eating this now?
Chocolate Banana Pancakes - Serves 2-3
- 225g of organic spelt flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 4 teaspoons of vanilla sugar
- 2 free range eggs
- 2 teaspoons of chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 5 teaspoons of organic raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons of agave syrup
- 220mL of milk (any milk will do)
- 2 bananas sliced into coins
- Mix together all you ingredients except your banana. Ensure that the batter is smooth, then gently stir in your banana.
- Heat a non stick skillet to medium heat and add a little coconut oil. Spoon your batter and allow bubbles to form before flipping and cooking the other side. Then eat!
Chocolate Banana Pancakes are great with whipped cream, vanilla bean ice-cream, organic maple or agave syrup. With a handful of raspberries, you can’t go wrong. Enjoy!