Finally, the weekend is almost upon us! I plan on spending some time in the garden, having a read and soaking up the sun. And what better drink to accompany a weekend spent lounging outdoors than Honey Rosemary Lemonade?
Honey Rosemary Lemonade - Serves 4
- 6 lemons, juiced
- 1 cup of filtered water
- 3 tablespoons of honey, dissolved in a little boiling water
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 3-4 cups of ice cubes
- Extra lemon wedges to serve
- Juice your lemons. Strain through a sieve and pour into a jar water jug
- Add in your remaining ingredients and stir until combined. Taste to see if you would like to add more honey, or a little sugar. I like my lemonade quite tart, so you may need to adjust the recipe to suit your palette.
- If you don't plan on serving right away, do not add the ice and store in the fridge until you are ready. Bare in mind the rosemary flavor will strengthen the longer it infuses in the juice.
If you like, add a dash of whiskey, rum or vodka to turn this into a sophisticated cocktail. Drizzle honey on the inside of the glass for a more elegant look. Enjoy!