Ok! Valentines is only one day away and if you need a quick dessert to impress your special someone then this is the post for you!
These Vanilla Chocolate Creamsicles are so unbelievably easy to make and so rewarding, you will be high-fiving yourself! These are a great crowd pleaser and last quite long in the freezer. You can adjust the recipe quite easily to suit your taste; different nuts, adding fruits or even crushed caramel. Yum!
Vanilla Chocolate Creamsicles - makes 10
- 1 cup of whipping cream
- 2 vanilla bean pods, scraped
- 1/4 cup of icing sugar
- 100g Dark Chocolate - 70% Coco solids
- 20g of coconut oil
- Crushed nuts (optional)
- Whip your cream, vanilla bean and icing sugar until fluffy peaks form. You want the mixture to be quite stiff - but be careful not to over whip or you will split the cream.
- Spoon your vanilla mixture into your popsicle molds and freezer for 6-12 hours.
- Melt your dark chocolate and coconut oil.
- Remove your creamsicles from your mold and drizzle your melted chocolate over using a spoon. Sprinkle with crushed nuts and place onto baking paper. The chocolate should set quite quickly. Store in the freezer wrapped in baking paper until ready to serve.
If you feel like you want to mix it up, toss a few raspberries or blueberries into the vanilla mixture for a slightly different flavor. Enjoy!